Venture – if you dare – on a ghost hunt to inns, hotels and museums. Travel with your mind, and perhaps your body, too, to restaurants and private homes. Experience rattling doorknobs, slamming doors, faces in mirrors, and flickering lights. Read accounts from former skeptics and feel their nervous tension as they relate experiences of shadowy visitors, ghostly voices, and household objects that mysteriously disappear. Watch a television show when the set is unplugged and hear tales of vanishing sailors – boats and all.
With a list of addresses, phone numbers and websites to each location, Terry Boyle invites all ghost enthusiasts along for the adventure. Feeling brave? You might just want to stop and visit some ghosts on your next trip.
I've always found ghost stories interesting and this book caught my eye because it was ghost stories about places in Ontario including ...
- The Swastika Hotel (now Bala Bay Inn) in Bala
- The Jester's Court Restaurant and Pub in Port Perry
- The Donnelly Homestead in Lucan
- The Inn at the Falls in Bracebridge - Gord and I stayed there for a couple days last August but didn't see anything or hear anything strange
- The Mackenzie Inn in Kirkfield
- The Guild Inn in Scarborough
A couple stories were about prisons and jails that are now hotels and hostels ... can you imagine staying at these places?! Creepy!
I liked that the stories were told at a high level and if I wanted more information, I could Google and dig for myself.
In the back of the book is the contact information for all the sites if you want to check them out.
I'll be checking out other books by this author.