- A step-by-step guide on what looks chic and what looks cheap.
- Dressing for your body type- The Do's and Don'ts.
- All the essential makeup, skin care, shoes, accessories and clothing that will never go out of style.
- Hairstyles that are affordable, easy-to-do and will best compliment your face shape.
- Easy-to-do (organic and non organic) ways to pamper your face.
- Outfit ideas for various occasions and much much more!
- A list of affordable yet stylish online beauty and fashion stores to check out.
Now with Style, Chic, Trendy, Cheap, every woman of every age can afford to look like a million bucks, making her feel both confident and drop dead gorgeous.
I am soooo not stylish so I thought this book would be interesting so I could see what I should be doing.
The book starts off by having you determine what your body shape is.
There is a chapter dedicated to each of the four body types. There's a picture of what the body type looks like plus lots of detailed suggestions and pictures for that body type. For example, in the Rectangle body type chapter, here is the example:
And here are some examples of do's and don'ts (in this case, for jackets):
There are fifteen chapters in all:
- How to Dress for Your Body Type
- The Do's and Don'ts for a Rectangle Shaped Woman
- The Do's and Don'ts for a Pear Shaped Woman
- The Do's and Don'ts of an Apple Shaped Woman
- The Do's and Don'ts of an Hourglass Woman
- Shopping Chic and Shopping Smart
- Put Your Best Shoe Forward
- How to Accessorize
- A Short Summary on How to Shop Chic but Cheap
- The Best Hair for You
- Getting the Most from Your Skin
- Making Up
- The Best Look of All is Confidence
- Where to Shop
There is a lot a information and it's in an easy-to-read manner ... it's a good beauty bible to have handy. My one complaint would be that other than in the body shape sections, most of the example pictures in the other sections are of women who are skinny, which the majority of us aren't.