Slimming Meals That Heal will teach you to do just that, with the “LIVE-IT” program. Julie will teach you the science of permanent weight loss.
- Why you have cravings
- How to eat to balance your hormones and weight
- How inflammation causes weight gain
- And a “LIVE-IT” plan, with over 120 tasty gluten free recipes to keep you satisfied and slim
Lose 25, 45, even 100 pounds by getting rid of the scales and calorie counters. What’s inside:
- Over 300 pages of Slimming Meals That Heal Inspiration
- Julie’s personal story of overcoming emotional eating and how you too can make empowered food choices
- A Healthy Swap List, to crush cravings with healthy substitutions
- At a glance guides & charts, to demystify the science of weight loss
- Easy to identify food allergy icons
- 7 Day Slimming Meal Plan
- 120 easy, tasty, phenomenally healthy slimming recipes with inspiration from around the globe
This book caught my eye because I like reading books about how to get healthy. In addition, I've seen Julie Daniluk speak a couple times (at a gluten free dinner and at the 2013 ZoomerShow) and find her informative and passionate.
This book is made up of three parts:
Part 1 - The science of weight loss - explores the scientific research that demonstrates the connection between obesity, inflammation and emotion eating
- Why diets doen't work
- How allergies cause weight gain
- The hormone heist: the links between hormone havoc, inflammation and weight
- The nutrition of weight loss
- The Live-It Tool Kit: Strategies to combat emotional eating
Part 2 - The SMTH Program - focuses on the anti-inflammatory food chart
- The anti-inflammatory 5-step Live-It Plan
- A focus on food: building an anti-inflammatory kitchen
Part 3 - The recipes - spotlights the top slimming superfoods in over 120 healing recipes
- Liquid healing
- Meals to begin the day
- Salads, sauces, dips and dressings
- Starters, soups and sides
- Main meals
- Treats and snacks
At the end of the book are resources and references.
The basis of the plan is to eat whole unprocessed food so you'll get the harmony of all their nutrients together, the way nature had intended. This keeps your immune system strong and protects you from disease. Eating processed foods exposes you to preservatives, dyes and chemicals that have been linked to a higher incidences of ADHD, asthma and immune imbalances. The recipes in this book focus on veggies ... you need 10 servings a day for true sustained health (the average North American eats less than three).
I liked this book because everything was explained well. There are lots of colour pictures and charts.
I tend to be a bit of a fussy eater and would find it hard in follow this plan. But even if I incorporate some principles, I bet it will help!