Looking at the list, I knew there were things that I didn't want to do and probably won't do before I die.
- Golf – Gord used to golf but gave it up when he started fencing a few years ago so he wouldn’t hurt his shoulder. I’ve never gone golfing but have had opportunities over the years ... in the industry I work in, many people do business on the golf course. Just for fun I Googled golf courses and a Kanata golf and country club popped up. It looks like a nice place to hang for the day so I can see the attraction.
- Swim with dolphins – When my sister and I were in Punta Cana last fall, one of the activities she did was swim with the dolphins. I love animals and think dolphins are cool. Swimming with them didn’t really interest me and I thought it was expensive. So she went without me and I relaxed by our resort’s pool and read. BTW, she had a ball!
- Skydive – About fifteen years ago, I worked with a fella who skydived on a regular basis. Somehow he talked me into signing up for a jump but it got cancelled at the last minute. In hindsight, I was happy. The thought of jumping out of a plane and skydiving freaks me out and I have no idea how I got talked into it. I don’t mind heights. I can stand on the glass floor at the CN Tower and look down. I thought driving around the bends on the Cabot Trail a couple weeks ago was awesome. But there is no way I’m going on a ferris wheel or roller coaster because they scare me. Gord and I had signed up for a hot air balloon ride a couple years ago but, alas, it got cancelled at the last minute because of the weather. I wonder if I would have been okay being up there.
- Put my name on the list to be a passenger on the first tourist shuttle to the moon – I doubt I could afford it and I wouldn’t want to be away from home for that long.
- Sit on a jury – I have only gotten a jury duty notice once (in 2007) and the case never went to court. Depending on the case, I would think it could be traumatizing.
What is something this is probably on someone else's bucket list that is not on yours?