From www.sherrytorkos.com ~ The Canadian Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine is a definitive resource on complementary health care, combining everything you need to know about diet and lifestyle, supplements and nutrition with reliable medical information. This handy household reference contains sound, unbiased, scientifically grounded information you can trust, written in a friendly, easy-to-read style by one of Canada’s leading health authorities. In this book you will find:
* A thorough A to Z listing of the most common health conditions: from colds and ear infections to arthritis, cancer, diabetes, heart disease and osteoporosis
* A comprehensive guide to vitamins, minerals, herbs and other dietary supplements including recommended dosages for children, teenagers, adults, pregnant women and seniors
* Easy-to-follow exercise, sleep and stress-management tips that really work
* A natural prescription for each health condition outlining safe and effective dietary, lifestyle, and therapeutic supplement recommendations
* Tips on safe supplementing including information about potential drug, nutrient, and herbal interactions and how to create an effective supplement program
I saw Sherry on CP24 a couple weeks ago and she was talking about how we should be adding Chia seeds to our diet ... so I did!
And she talked about this book so I thought I would check it out.
It's an excellent resource to have if you want to know how to treat ailments naturally.