A chance occurrence with a particular jingle finds Chatham on a bi-coastal roller coaster that she can’t seem to put the breaks on. Will the man who has always secretly loved her finally have his chance to ride along? Or will the very handsome foreigner on the other side of the country claim her wounded heart? At some point she has to choose which path is for her - or has it been there all along?
Chatham has a lot on her plate ... she's a widow raising three young kids. She and her partner, Tom, run an advertising agency. Between working and dropping the kids off at school and picking them up again and getting coerced into volunteer duties at the school, there's not a lot of time for Chatham.
On a whim, she joins a gym and is attracted to Palio, the cutie at the reception desk. He also feels a spark for her. Palio, unbeknownst to Chatham, is actually the owner of the gym ... and a member of a rich Italian family from New York.
Trip, her husband's best friend, is in love with Chatham and has been waiting years for the right moment to let her know. Needless to say, he's not pleased when it looks like Palio might be moving in on Chatham.
Palio wants to buy a painting for his dad from Georgina, an Italian vixen in New York with ties to the Mob who is trying to entice Palio into marrying her.
For various reasons, everyone ends up in New York ... and so begins a series of misunderstandings and coincidences.
I enjoyed the writing style ... it flowed well. The language at times was mature but I was okay with that. The ending wraps up pretty quickly with a couple of speedy immediate "I love you" pairings which I must say I found a bit too convenient. Considering they were in New York, I found it odd they all kept running into the same cabbie ... but he was key to keeping some of the parts of the story together.
This is the first novel by this author and I'll keep an eye out for others by her.
I participated in this virtual book tour and received a copy of this ebook at no charge in exchange for my honest review.
Here are the other blog tour participants:
- Thursday, November 15 - First Chapter Review at Literarily Speaking
- Friday, November 16 - Interview at Literarily Speaking
- Monday, November 19 - Guest Blogging at Beyond the Books
- Tuesday, November 20 - Interview at The Writer’s Life
- Wednesday, November 21 - Book Trailer Reveal at Miki’s Hope
- Monday, November 26 - Interview at As the Pages Turn
- Monday, December 3 - Interview at Examiner
- Tuesday, December 4 - Book Review at Inside BJ’s Head
- Wednesday, December 5 - Book Review at Bookshipper
- Thursday, December 6 - Interview at Parenting From a Child’s Point of View
- Friday, December 7 - Character Dear Santa Letter at Literarily Speaking and Book Review & Interview at Read It All Reviews
- Monday, December 10 - Guest Blogging at Book Reviews by Dee and Guest Blogging at The Bunny’s Review
- Tuesday, December 11 - Guest Blogging at The Story Behind the Book
- Wednesday, December 12 - Interview at Broowaha
- Thursday, December 13 - Book Review at Teena in Toronto
- Friday, December 14 - Book Review at Margay Leah Justice’s Blog
- Wednesday, January 2 - Guest Blogging at Laurie’s Non-Paranormal Thoughts and Reviews
- Thursday, January 3 - Interview at Books Books the Magical Fruit
- Friday, January 4 - Guest Blogging at The Writer’s Life
- Monday, January 7 - Book Review at Colletta’s Kitchen Sink
- Tuesday, January 8 - Book Review & Interview at My Life. One Story at a Time
- Wednesday, January 9 - Interview at Blogcritics
- Thursday, January 10 - Character Dear Reader Post at Literarily Speaking
- Monday, January 14 - Book Review at My Devotional Thoughts
- Thursday, January 17 - Book Review & Interview at Melina’s Book Blog
- Monday, January 21 - Book Review at Kaisy Daisy’s Corner
- Wednesday, January 23 - Book Review & Guest Blogging at Jersey Girl Book Reviews
- Friday, January 25 - Book Review at Mary’s Cup of Tea