I made my sister's dog a blanket for Christmas a couple days ago so I thought I'd knit her cat one too. I used the same pattern as the dog blanket (basically it's a big dishcloth).
I used Bernat Blanket Yarn (Cornflower Twist) (it's a 6 ply) and 8mm needles.
- Cast on 3 stitches
- Row 1 (wrong side): k3
- Row 2 (right side): kfb (knit front and back of stitch), k1, kfb
- Row 3: k5
- Row 4: kfb, k until 1 stitch left, kfb
- Row 5: knit
- Repeat row 4 and 5 until you have reached the desired size (it's the first half)
- Row 1 (right side): k2tog, knit until 2 stitches left, ssk (slip slip knit)
- Row 2 (wrong side): knit
- Repeat row 1 and 2 until only 3 stitches remain
- Last row: Bind off the 3 remaining stitches