Crumpet, one of our cats, likes to sleep on cushions on the chairs under our table. The cushions are black and attract fur so I'd put towels on the cushions. I'd knitted cat blankets to replace the towels on two chairs and they were a success ... so I finished knitting another to replace a towel on another chair.
I used a skein of Braid Big (Violetl) by Loops & Threads for it. The recommended needle size is 12.75mm but I used 8mm and it seemed to be okay.
- Cast on 3 stitches
- Row 1 (wrong side): k3
- Row 2 (right side): kfb (knit front and back of stitch), k1, kfb
- Row 3: k5
- Row 4: kfb, k until 1 stitch left, kfb
- Row 5: knit
- Repeat row 4 and 5 until you have reached the desired size (it's the first half)
- Row 1 (right side): k2tog, knit until 2 stitches left, ssk (slip slip knit)
- Row 2 (wrong side): knit
- Repeat row 1 and 2 until only 3 stitches remain
- Last row: Bind off the 3 remaining stitches