Crumpet, one of our cats, likes to sleep on cushions on the chairs under our table. The cushions are black and attract fur so I've put towels on the cushions. Recently I knitted her a blanket to replace the towel on the floor in the hallway where she likes to sleep (a success!) and a blanket for their window perch (a success with Muffin but Crumpet hasn’t checked it out yet). I thought I'd make a cat blanket to replace the towel on her favourite chair.
About five minutes after I put it on the cushion on the chair, Crumpet jumped up, cleaned herself and then went to sleep. So I'd say it's a success!
I used a skein of Braid Big (Salt and Pepper) by Loops & Threads for it. The recommended needle size is 12.75mm but I used 8mm and it seemed to be okay. I've never used it before and I like it.
- Cast on 3 stitches
- Row 1 (wrong side): k3
- Row 2 (right side): kfb (knit front and back of stitch), k1, kfb
- Row 3: k5
- Row 4: kfb, k until 1 stitch left, kfb
- Row 5: knit
- Repeat row 4 and 5 until you have reached the desired size (it's the first half)
- Row 1 (right side): k2tog, knit until 2 stitches left, ssk (slip slip knit)
- Row 2 (wrong side): knit
- Repeat row 1 and 2 until only 3 stitches remain
- Last row: Bind off the 3 remaining stitches