Kate captures their very souls in moving descriptions of the devotion, loyalty and trust that changed both the fortune of these very special dogs and the lives of their human caregivers. Filled with historical facts and endearing tales of endurance and character these bite-sized stories make ideal reading for any dog lover.
I love dogs ... and love reading books about dogs!
The first part of this book is about homeless dogs that were adopted and their stories ... I enjoyed this section more. The dogs include:
- Toto/Terry from the Wizard of Oz
- Higgins, star of Benji
- Bum, a dog who adopted San Diego in the late 1880s
- Sinbad, a dog who was a Coast Guard mascot in the 1930s and 1940s - he even had a doggy penpal
- Owney, a mail delivery dog in the late 1880s
- Shep, a dog who kept a vigil at a train station waiting for his master (who had been taken away in a casket) to come back
The second part of this book is about American presidents (from George Washington's poodle and other dogs to Barack Obama's dog, Bo) and their dogs while they lived in the White House.
It's a nice book to read, especially if you are a dog lover.
I received a copy of this ebook at no charge in exchange for my honest review.