To fit lady’s shoe size 5/6 (7/8 - 9/10).
Finished Foot length
Small 5/6 - 9" (23 cm)
Medium 7/8 - 9½" (24 cm)
Large 9/10 - 10½" (26.5 cm)
Beg = Beginning
Inc = Increase 1 stitch by knitting into front and back of next stitch
K = Knit
K2tog = Knit next 2 stitches together
Rep = Repeat
Rem = Remaining
RS = Right side
St(s) = Stitch(es)
WS = Wrong side
Note: The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
- Beg at back, cast on 2 sts.
- 1st row: (RS). Knit.
- 2nd row: Inc 1 st in first st. K1.
- 3rd and 4th rows: Knit.
- 5th row: Inc 1 st in first st. Knit to end of row.
- Rep 3rd to 5th rows 4 times more. 8 sts.
- Next 2 rows: Cast on 10 sts. Knit to end of row. 28 sts after 2nd row.
Work in garter st (knit every row) until work from marked row, measures 4½" [11.5 cm].
Change colours and put on double pointed needles. Continue in garter stitch (knit one row, purl the next, etc.) for a further 3 (3½ - 4)" [7.5 (9 -10) cm] ending with a WS row.
- 1st row: K3. *K2tog. K3. Rep from * to end of row. 23 sts.
- 2nd and 4th rows: Purl.
- 3rd row: K3. *K2tog. K2. Rep from * to end of row. 18 sts.
- 5th row: *K2tog. K1. Rep from * to end of row. 12 sts.
- 6th row: (P2tog) 6 times. 6 sts.
- Break yarn, leaving a long end. Thread end through rem sts and draw up firmly. Fasten securely.
- Sew edges of back triangle to cast on sts of sides to form heel.
- Sew a pompom to each slipper if desired.