I knitted a couple dish cloths the last couple of days. I'd found some Red Heart's Scrubby yarn in my closet and figured I'd use it.
Scrubby yarn works really well for dish cloths because once the dish cloth is finished, it has a rough "scrubby" texture which is great for washing dishes.
I didn't have full balls so kept the pattern basic because I didn't know how far I'd get before I'd run out.
For the small one, I cast on 30 stitches and kept knitting in garter stitch (knit one row/purl one row/repeat) until it was a square. For the bigger one, I cast on 50 stitches and kept knitting until I ran out of the mult-colour one. Then I switched to the purple one and kept knitting until I ran out. Then I switched to the pink multi-colour one and knit until it was the same size as the first part. I used a 4.5mm needle.
Nothing fancy but it was a way to use up some forgotten yarn.