If you've answered yes to these questions, this book is for you! JJ Smith's revolutionary system teaches proven methods for permanent weight loss that anyone can follow, no matter her size, income level or educational level. And the end result is a healthy, sexy, slim body.
JJ's breakthrough weight-loss solution can help you shed pounds fast by detoxifying the body, balancing your hormones and speeding up your metabolism. You'll learn which foods help you stay slim and which foods cause you to get fat. If you have been on a roller-coaster ride of weight loss, you will finally be able to get off, lose weight, and stay slim for life!
You will learn how to
- Detoxify the body for fast weight loss
- Drop pounds and inches fast, without grueling workouts or starvation
- Lose up to 15 pounds in the first three weeks
- Shed unwanted fat by eating foods you love, including carbs
- Get rid of stubborn belly fat
- Trigger your 6 fat-burning hormones to lose weight effortlessly
- Eat foods that give you glowing, radiant skin
- Eat so you feel energetic and alive every day
- Get physically active without exercising
This is your last stop on the way to a new fit and healthy you! Look and feel younger than you have in years. Create your best body - NOW!
I've always battled with my weight so books like this always catch my eye. Losing weight without dieting or working out? Right on!
The first part of this book talks about what makes us overweight and unhealthy ... why diets fail, why exercise won't make you thin, why a sugar addiction is worse than a drug addiction and how toxins are making us fat, sick and tired.
Part two describes the five keys to permanent weight loss:
- Getting rid of toxins
- Correcting hormonal imbalances
- Speeding up your metabolism
- Eating foods that make you thin
- Avoid foods that make you fat
Part three details her DHEMM System: A Permanent Weight-Loss System:
- D = Detox - Cutting out caffeine, sugar, white carbs, animal proteins, dairy and alcohol for the first three weeks ... that's easy?! She also recommends just drinking lemonade/cayenne pepper for ten days to detox ... no problem, right?
- H = Hormonal Balance
- E = Eat clean
- M = Mental Mastery
- M - Get moving and increase your physical activity
Part four covers issues for women only. Also included are lots of success stories and some recipes.
The author is a nutritionist and backs her theories up with dated studies and articles. In addition, there are many studies and articles she quotes information from but doesn't list the sources (so how do we know she's not making this stuff up to sell her book?).
She doesn't think exercising is necessary for weight loss yet list things to get you moving ... like cutting your grass without a mower or riding your bike around the neighbourbood. To me that's exercising ... she's just putting a difference name on it to maybe try to fool you?
I didn't learn anything new but it was a good reminder of the foods we should be eating and the foods we should be avoiding. This is indeed a diet and exercise book, though ... there are food plans and suggestions on how to get more active. The author is trying to package it as something else to make it sound easy.
Since July, I have been eating healthier and exercising and am down 49 pounds and feel great! I think I'll keep doing things my way.