An emotional tale about the strength of family bonds, unconditional love, and the perseverance to do our best with the challenging gifts we receive, Goodnight, Brian is an uplifting tribute to what happens when giving up is not an option.
Frank and Joan are the proud parents of Brian. When Brian can't keep any food down, his doctor puts him on a soy-based food. It turns out that the soy-based food is cutting corners and poisoning Brian and other babies. As a result, his doctor determines that Brian will never walk, talk or develop mentally and emotionally. But his grandmother, Mama, won't accept this. Drawing her strength from her religion, she pulls her family together with the goal that one day Brian will indeed walk and talk. This is the story of Brian's journey.
This is the second book by Steven Manchester that I've read and I enjoyed it. The writing is well-paced and refreshingly clean (no violence or mature language). It almost read like an autobiography to me ... Brian's story.
I liked the characters ... I could feel the bond between them all even as the situations became more serious. Mama is a very strong character ... she means well and no one says "no" to Mama. There's no doubt that she adores her kids and grandkids and would do anything for them.
I participated in this virtual book tour and received a copy of this ebook at no charge in exchange for my honest review.
Here are the other blog tour participants:
- Jan 6 Review ~ Cheryl @ CMash Reads
- Jan 8 Review ~ Mary @ The Mary Book Reader
- Jan 9 Review & Interview ~ Julie @ Julzreads
- Jan 10 Review ~Teena @ Teena in Toronto
- Jan 15 Review & Giveaway ~ Kristin @ Kritters Ramblings
- Jan 21 Review ~ Victor @ Vic’s Media Room
- Jan 30 Guest Post ~ Ann @ Ann’s Reading Corner
- Jan 31 Guest Post ~ Jo @ Writers and Authors
- Feb 1 Review & Giveaway ~ Kathleen @ Reviews From The Heart
- Feb 4 Review ~ Katie @ Turner’s Antics
- Feb 5 Review ~ Cherie @ Cherie Reads
- Feb 6 Review & Interview ~ Vicky @ Deal Sharing Aunt
- Feb 8 Review ~ Paula @ Community Bookstop
- Feb 10 Guest Post ~ Vivian @ The Book Diva’s Reads
- Feb 11 Review, Guest Post & Giveaway ~ Ruth @ My Devotional Thoughts
- Feb 12 Review ~ Wendy @ Minding Spot
- Feb 15 Review ~ Laurie @ Laurie’s Thoughts and Reviews
- Feb 19 Review & Interview ~ Sue @ Books, Books The Magical Fruit
- Feb 20 Review & Guest Post ~ Wendy @ Wall-to-wall books
- Mar 1 Guest Post ~ Kathleen @ Jersey Girl Book Reviews
- Mar 2 Showcase ~ Gina @ Hott Books
- Mar 5 Review ~ Fenny @ Hotchpotch
- Mar 12 Guest Post & Review ~ Donna @ My Life. One Story at a Time.
- Mar 16 Review ~ Mandy @ Literary R&R
- Mar 18 Review ~ Kathleen @ Celticlady’s Reviews