I used Bernat Handicrafter cotton yarn and a 5mm needle.
I cast on 37 stitches (you need multiples of 8 stitches plus 5) and used a 5mm circular needle.
- Row 1 and 2 - Knit
- Row 3 - Knit
- Row 4 - K5, *P3, K5* repeat to the end
- Row 5 - *P5, K3* repeat to last 5 stitches, P5
- Row 6 - Repeat row 4
- Row 7 - Knit
- Row 8 - K1, *P3, K5* repeat to last 4 stitches, P3, K1
- Row 9 - P1, *K3, P5* repeat to last 4 stitches, K3, P1
- Row 10 - Repeat row 8
- Repeat rows 4 to 10 until desired length
- Knit two rows
- Bind off and weave in the ends