I received my first Nova Scotia's Community Haul subscription box today.
Weddings and school concerts, charity bake sales and chase-the-ace - our community halls are where Nova Scotians have come together for generations to celebrate and support one another. Since we’re together apart for the foreseeable future, we’ve transformed the community hall into a Community Haul.
Community Haul, partnered with Symplicity Designs set out to create a safe and fun way to help the small business community through the next year. Our product forges connection, creates community, and offers you the opportunity to explore Nova Scotia - all from the safety of your home.
We've launched a 12 month subscription box to celebrate Nova Scotia business owners and help reboot the regional economy. By pledging your community support with a subscription, you can help keep the lights on for dozen of small businesses during these economically stressful times. What's more, every box sold will support the IWK Foundation to provide care for the women and children in the Maritimes.
Support Nova Scotia businesses by opening your doors to our Community Haul!
I'm originally from Nova Scotia and thought it would be fun to receive stuff from "back home" and help support their economy.
Here's what was in the box ...
- Made with Local Sticky Squirrel Real Food Bar - peanut butter and molasses ... this was good!
- Drunken Sailor Donair Spice - I love donairs! I used it in meatloaf and it was spicy. I'll put half as much in next time.
- Acadian Maple Maple Barbeque Sauce - I put it on my pork chop this evening for supper ... yum!
- Epoch Chemistry Brazil coffee beans - I don't drink coffee but Gord does and he liked it
- East Coast Lifestyle toque - great colour!
- Bee Stanton Creative My Nova Scotia picture - pretty!
- Smooth Meal Prep - voucher for 4 free meals - for the Halifax area