Witness the full apparition of the innkeeper’s wife at Greystones Inn in Orangeville. Encounter the misty form of a civil war veteran in the graveyard of the old St. Thomas church. Experience the incredible slamming-of-doors at the Keefer Mansion in Thorold. Visit a whole village of spirits who share the buildings at Black Creek Pioneer Village. You can even spend the entire night in the Orillia Opera House with Terry and his friends.
Prepare to be scared out of your wits with the stories behind these and other hauntings. After providing you with a list of addresses, phone numbers and websites for each location, Terry invites you and all other ghost enthusiasts along for the adventure. Feeling brave?
I've always found ghost stories interesting and this is the second book I've read by this author about places in Ontario. Included in this book are ...
- Black Creek Pioneer Village, Toronto - a collection of buildings that have been moved there from across Ontario
- The Elgin and Winter Garden Theatre, Toronto
- The Cawthra Estate, Mississauga
- The Blue Elephant, Simcoe
- Eldon House, London
- Greystones Inn, Orangeville
- Orillia Opera House, Orillia
- Greensides' Farm, Marmora
- Proctor House Museum, Brighton
- Herongate Barn Theatre, Whitevale
- The Keefer Mansion, Thorold
I liked that the stories were told at a high level and if I wanted more information, I could Google and dig for myself. In some cases, mediums were brought in to give their impressions, which was interesting.
In the back of the book is the contact information for all the sites if you want to check them out.