Nature still provides just as many effective remedies today as in times gone by - quite effective against all sorts of diseases and conditions as well as the unpleasant side effects of modern life, such as stress, exhaustion, and listlessness.
New science has acknowledged the positive properties of many medicinal herbs. This growing interest in medicinal herbs is accompanied by the desire to make simple preparations at home that benefit and address the common conditions and ailments of both men and women. When concerns affect children and teenagers, parents can offer onion packs if their offspring complain of painful ears, because they recognize that many of their grandmother's home cures are exactly that, cures. In fact, all age groups can and do benefit from nature's healing powers without a lot of effort. Throughout this wonderfully comprehensive book the easiest methods and the most popular applications for natural remedies are provided in detail. In the large recipe section there is a suitable recipe for almost any complaint.
Recent studies from Europe show that nearly half the population are convinced that herbal remedies work and trust in nature's healing powers. This trend is clearly mirrored here in North America. With this outstanding resource guide dozens and dozens of useful and prescriptive home herbal remedies can be easily created.
Rather than popping pills, I would rather mix up something naturally when we're sick or there is something that needs fixing (can't sleep, etc.). That's why I like books like this.
The author lives in Germany where she practices classical homeopathy. She regularly appears as an expert on TV and radio.
This book covers a lot and is made up of these sections:
- The green pharmacy - a brief history of herbal medicine, how to use teas, tinctures, oil infusions, healing vinegars, inhalations, compresses and poultices, herbal baths, and aromatherapy, and more
- Babies and children - earaches, head colds, insect stings, sunburns, and more
- All grown up - lack of concentration, burns, strains, sore throats, muscular strains, and more
- Coughs, sneezes and sore throats
- Stress, go away!
- What a pain! - nervous stomach, hangovers, and more
- Women's issues
- Baby on the way
- Men's issues
- The golden age - improving memory, aching joints, headaches, and more
- Everything else you might need - mouthwash, cold sores, and more
- The most important medicinal plants - plant portraits from A - Z
Here's an easy example. If you have a headache or migraine, rub some lavender essential oil on your temples or on the inside of your wrists. I use lavender essential oil when I'm having trouble sleeping.
It's a colourful and pretty book. There are lots of pictures ... step-by-step pictures during the making of the remedies and pictures of the various medicinal plans. It's a handy book whether you are a beginner or a pro.