With "125 Best Chicken Recipes," there are dozens of different ways to prepare delicious and inspired chicken dishes - all in record time.
Whether using a skillet, frying pan, oven or grill, most of these recipes can be prepared in 20 to 30 minutes. With just a few ingredients, chicken happily takes up flavors from all parts of the globe, whether it's Coq au Vin from Europe or the savory curry flavors of Easy Tandoori from India.
I like chicken and we eat a lot of it. But I rarely do anything exciting with it ... sprinkle on some premixed spices or Shake 'n Bake it. So that's why this book caught my eye. The recipes seems easy and quick and you don't need fancy ingredients.
The book starts with a quick chicken pantry ... ingredients to have on had to make the recipes. Then there are some instructions on buying and cooking chicken.
The recipes include:
- Woks, Wings and Wraps - Burmese Chicken Thighs, Tex-Mex Wings, Roasted Chicken Fajitas
- Substantial Soups - Chicken Cheese Chowder, Hot and Sour Soup
- Satisfying Salads - Curried Chicken and Pasta Salad, Thai Chicken Noodle Salad, Chicken Caesar
- Oven Roasting and Broiling - Orange-Rosemary Glazed Chicken Breasts
- Sautées and Skillet Suppers - Quick Coq au Vin, Braised Chicken with New Potatoes and Peas
- Pasta and Rice - Mediterranean Pasta, Penne with Herbed Chicken Sauce
- Great Grills - Gremolata Grilled Chicken, Chicken and Summer Fruit Kabobs
I know that chicken is low in calories but it would be nice to know the nutritional information of the recipes.
The recipes I've tried are:
- Quick-Roasted Lemon Thighs
- Honey Dijon Grilled Thighs
- Crunchy Garlic Wings
- Spicy Roasted Wings
- Basic Whole Roasted Chicken
I received a copy of this book at no charge in exchange for my honest review.