"Manager's Guide to Mobile Learning" offers managers an overview of how to create, implement, and successfully use mobile learning platforms.
Written specifically for today's busy manager, Briefcase Books feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step by step through everyday workplace situations.
- Proven tactics for creating, implementing, and successfully using mobile learning platforms
- Clear definitions of key management terms and concepts
- Practical advice for minimizing the possibility of error
- Examples of successful management
- Specific planning procedures, tactics, and hands-on techniques
As a trainer/educator, I am interested in learning more about new ways of training. These days the buzz is about mobile learning (m-learning).
The author's definition of mobile learning is ... any activity that allows individuals to be more productive when consuming, interacting with or creating information. Mediated through a compact digital portable device that the individual carries on a regular basis, has reliable connectivity for and fits in a pocket or purse.
The book covers all aspects when considering mobile learning and is divided into the following chapters:
- Mobile learning overview
- The time is now for mobile learning - benefits and challenges
- A new way to think about training
- Types of mobile learning experiences
- The mobile learning vision statement
- Requirements and expectation for mobile learning
- Technical considerations of mobile learning
- Build vs by considerations
- Gaining stakeholder support for mobile learning
- Working with the development team
- Ensuring a successful project
The author knows her stuff and includes lots of tricks of the trade, example, caution, mistake proofing and tools sidebars.
I received a copy of this book at no charge in exchange for my honest review.