In Happy Women Live Better, bestselling author Valorie Burton unlocks the secret to your personal happiness. She reveals 13 happiness triggers-choices that can boost your joy right now, even in the midst of deadlines, children, marriage, dating, and squeezing in a workout or girls' night out.
Through these happiness triggers, you will learn to
- bounce back from stress and adversity faster
- enjoy deeper satisfaction in your marriage and friendships
- maximize career opportunities and increase your income
- fight off depression, colds and other illnesses live longer!
Valorie talks about the cultural shifts and modern challenges that threaten women's happiness, such as increased stress from increased demands, earning more money than men, constant comparisons brought on by social media and reality television, and many more. Learn to navigate these issues and join thousands of women in a modern movement that empowers you to take control of your happiness.
According to the author, there are 13 triggers to happiness and there is a chapter dedicated to each one:
- Financial savvy
- Winning words
I liked the writing style ... it was friendly and conversational. The author knows her stuff and has done research. She is very religious, though, and there are lots of quotes from the Bible and references to God. I'm not religious so I skipped over them.
It's a good book for women to read to give you direction to leading a happy life.
Happy Woman Test and here are my results:
Your Top 3 are your “Personal Triggers”
- Anticipation ("Every day I make sure I have something to look forward to"): 19
- Savoring ("Every day I enjoy a moment worth savoring"): 17
- Financial Savvy ("I aim to live on 75% or less of my income"): 17
Your highest three triggers are your most dominant. These are the happiness triggers you frequently use and come most naturally to you. Nurture them and find new ways to use them even more to boost your happiness. You are very comfortable activating these triggers as they are unique to your personality and lifestyle. However, it is your Power Triggers (bottom three) that give you the greatest leverage to boost your happiness.
Your Bottom 3 are your “Power Triggers”
- Movement ("I spend 30 minutes each day moving my body"): 13
- Flow ("I minimize interruptions so I can fully engage in the activity at hand"): 12
- Winning Words ("Every day I speak words of hope, peace and love"): 12
Your lowest three triggers provide you with the greatest opportunity to boost your happiness because these are the ones you use the least – and perhaps even neglect. By intentionally activating these triggers, you tap into new, scientifically-proven ways to boost your happiness. Leverage these triggers right away to positively impact your well-being in ways that will feel novel and intriguing to you.
Your Happiness Quotient: 77
Your happiness quotient is a numerical measure that determines how actively you use all of the happiness triggers. The higher your quotient, the more fully you are utilizing all of the triggers, likely resulting in higher levels of overall happiness. The maximum Happiness Quotient is 100 points.