Rizzo's unique approach will show you how to:
- Find the humor in every situation
- Turn negatives into positives every single day
- Make your workplace the best place to succeed
- Stop being a full-time resident of the Negative Zone
- Face your fears and get on with your life
- Make happiness a choice and have fun doing it!
Throughout the book, you'll find specific Attitude Adjustment Strategies that you can apply to every aspect of your professional and personal life. You'll learn how to avoid the Eeyore Syndrome, tap into your Humor Being, turn self-doubt into self confidence and make everyday conversations more engaging and more productive. You'll discover a tried-and-true method for shutting down that self defeating Big Mouth inside your head so you can listen to what's inside your heart. Along the way you'll hear about Rizzo's enlightening firsthand encounters with Eddie Murphy, Rodney Dangerfield, Naomi Judd, Christopher Reeve, and many more. It's all you need to get your shift together, and that's no joke.
When the shift hits the fan, your new life begins - with love, with joy, and, of course, with laughter.
This book is written by a former comedian who has discovered his calling as a motivational speaker. It's made up of four parts ...
- The author's Shift from a comedian to the Attitude Adjuster
- Shifting into a happier mindset - enjoying the process and making it a habit
- May the Shift be with you - what you think is what you get, using humor and what it means to be positive
- The Shift continues - dealing with the Big Mouth yapping in your head and committing to the Shift
Try to see the positive in a negative experience ... you choose how you respond to something.
The present is the only place where your life can happen ... not the past and not the future. The present is also the only place where happiness and peace can be experienced. The past and future is where many people choose to live their lives.
I like reading books like this ... it's always good to have a reminder to maintain a positive attitude. I liked the messages in the book and the real life examples (like Christopher Reeve). I found that the joking style of writing kind of fell flat with me ... maybe it works better when you are talking with him face-to-face or in one of his sessions.
I received a copy of this ebook at no charge in exchange for my honest review.