For Rachael, Italian food - spinach gnocchi, linguine puttanesca, chicken saltimbocca, pizza capricciosa - has the power to summon cherished, happy memories. In this one indispensable book, she has brought together signature recipes for the traditional Italian staples that she grew up with and still cooks for her family and friends today. From arancini to saffron gnocchetti sardi, from small bites to hearty meals, from her sister’s favorite Italian desserts to her husband’s Italian ingredient-inspired cocktails, here is a treasury of delicious dishes to prepare with love and devour with gusto.
Classic Italian cooking has always been the foundation of almost every meal that Rachael prepares, and she hopes that you and your family, friends, and neighbors will love savoring everything that Italian cooking has to offer. Italian Sundays are all about bringing people together and creating wonderful memories while enjoying the pleasures of great homemade food.
So pull up a chair at Rachael’s kitchen table and experience the magic of an Italian Sunday!
I love Italian food! And usually on Sundays, I'll put more effort into our supper (during the week we tend to just throw things together). That's why this book caught my eye.
The book starts with an intro about the author growing up Italian.
The chapters are:
- Brunch - including Ratatouille Frittata, Flatbread Pizzas with Greens, Ricotta and Eggs and Croque-Madame Italian-style
- Starters, salads and small bites - including Family-size Caesar, Italian Wings and Mozzarella in Carrozza with Ham
- Soups - including Italian-style Gazpacho, Ministra and White Zuppa Di Pesce
- Pizza, calzones and focaccia - including Naples Pizza Sauce, Focaccia and Hot Soppresata Pizza
- Pasta, gnocchi, polenta and their sauces - including Gnocchi, Walnut Orange Sauce and Short Rib Ragu
- Risotto and grains - including Rosemary and Roasted Garlic Wild Rice Blend, Drunken Risotto and Quinoa and Vegetable Stuffed Peppers
- Seafood - including Tilapia Piccata, Cod Saltimbocca and Cioppino
- Pork and lamb - including Pork Loin Cooked in Milk, Citrus and Garlic Bone-in Pork Loin Roast and Pork Chops in the Style of Porchetta
- Beef and veal - including Easy Rib Roast with Roasted Garlic and Herbs, Italian Port Roast (Grandpa's Beef) and Chianti Burgers
- Chicken - including Roasted Chicken with Citrus and Herb Butter, Red Wine Roast Chicken Thighs on Bread and Lemon and Black Pepper Grilled Chicken with Rosemary
- Vegetables - including Sautéed Lady Apples, Applesauce with Thyme and New Year's Fancy Lentils
- Desserts - including Pignoli Cookies, Zeppole and Cannoli Cream
- Cocktails - including Grapefruit Martini, Little Italy and The Italian Flag
There are intros to all the recipes and helpful tips. There are lots of colourful pictures that makes everything look so delicious!
I can't wait to try some of the recipes in this book!