Monday 19 February 2007

Good Parents Pay

Ontario's Ministry of Community and Social Services has recently started a website called Good Parents Pay. On it they have posted the pictures of parents who have skipped off without paying child support payments.

Good parents pay support orders to help their children. You can help Ontario children and families by helping us find missing, irresponsible parents who have defaulted on the payments owed to their kids.

The individuals posted on this website are registered with the Family Responsibility Office (FRO), but have not made their support payments and cannot be found.

We have tried to find these individuals through various trace and locate efforts. They have not made their support payments for at least six months. Our legislation and regulations set out more information.

The FRO will continue its efforts to find these individuals through all means possible, and if successful, will remove the posting from this website. But in the meantime, you can help.
Any information you have that can help us find these individuals can be sent anonymously to the FRO through this website, or by phone, or by fax, or by mail.

It should be interesting to see how effective it is. I hope it works.


Anonymous said...

i've never heard of this. i'm always surprised that they can't locate these individuals, if someone has a SIN, shouldn't they be able to track them that way?

Arlene said...

I have a friend that's having a horrible time getting support for her's here in the US, but I think our programs are really lacking! If only people understood it really is the children that suffer...