As I said, I started a "real" job today.
There are lots of benefits in freelancing ...
- Your day is never the same.
- You get to do a variety of different things.
- You don't work every day so you can do whatever you want.
- You can sleep in some days.
- You don't have to dress up all the time.
- The pets like the company of having you work at home.
- You don't have to put up with any office politics.
- No pension plan.
- No benefits (though I was covered under Gord's).
- You have to hustle for work.
- No guarantee of having work next month which means no $$.
- You spend a lot of time on your own.
- You sometimes have to work evenings and weekends.
- There's no Christmas party.