Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Silk soy beverage
I like dairy milk and usually have skim milk in the fridge.
I have been asked to participate in BzzAgent's Silk Soy Beverage campaign. Sister Sarah has been drinking soy milk for a while so I thought it would be a good opportunity to try it.
Here's some stuff I learned about Silk:
* Versatile because you can substitute Silk virtually anywhere you'd use dairy milk, including while baking or cooking
* Found in the refrigerated dairy case in six flavours ... Plain, Vanilla, Chocolate, Unsweetened, Silk Plus Omega-3 DHA and Light Plain, as well as a creamer, Silk for Coffee
* Available in non-refrigerated versions in convenient aseptic packaging for a long storage life ... Chocolate, Plain, Unsweetened and Vanilla
* Nutritious as every 250 ml serving of Silk has 30% of the recommended daily calcium, 45% of Vitamin D daily value, 5 to 7 grams of quality protein, depending on flavour and 15 essential nutrients and Omega-3 polyunsaturates
* Kosher, vegan and free of cholesterol, gluten, trans-fat and MSG
* New in 2008, Silk Unsweetened contains the prebiotic Nutraflora
Soy protein is being studied for its possible role in promoting the health of arteries. Recent research has explored the role of soy in reducing cancer risk and scientists continue to explore these promising findings. If you're interested in learning more about soy science, check out soynutrition.com.
It's featured at DrinkSilk.ca, where you can learn more about Silk, find great recipes and special offers and see what other people love about Silk (and let them know what you love about it, too)
Are you a soy milk drinker? How do you like it?