As you know, I have been asked to review the NutriSystem program.
Here are the benefits:
- Most of the meals come in a container you cook it in and then eat it ... so few dishes to wash.
- There is a lot of choice, especially with the dinner meals.
- It provides you with portion control.
- It's good for someone who is busy cuz it's all ready for you ... you just heat it up.
- The program includes snacks ... cookies, pretzels, chips, etc.
- A lot of the meals are high in fibre.
- I'm enjoying the Nutriflakes (cereal).
- Peanut butter cookies are my favourite kind of cookie and the NutriSystem ones aren't too bad.
What I haven't liked about it:
- The scrambled eggs are rubbery and salty. I stopped eating them after the first time (Gord's been eating them).
- I eat very little salt and I'm finding that most of the meals are very salty (the sodium content is high).
- The Green Pepper Steak with rice tasted okay but there wasn't a lot to it. There were about two tablespoons of soggy brown rice. The Zesty Cajun Chicken with Rice and Sausage, though, was more substantial.
- I'm missing "real" fresh meals.
- I love love love pizza ... and the Flatbread pizza was very tiny and not very satisfying.